Campden BRI, United Kingdom
Gary joined the Campden Food & Drink Research Association in January 1989 (now Campden BRI). He worked in the Food Manufacturing Technologies Department until taking the role as Head of the Baking & Cereal Processing Department in September 2009. In November 2019 he became one of two Ambassadors on the Chipping Campden site, with a remit covering all aspects of processing. His current role is a Research Fellow offering technical support to the Technology, Science and Analysis groups in Campden BRI.
Areas of expertise include:
- thermal processing of foods, both in-pack and continuous
- preservation methods for foods
- bakery products and baking processes
- process validation methods for pasteurisation and sterilisation (awarded PhD from University of Birmingham related to this work)
- food rheology (awarded MPhil from University College Swansea related to this subject)